The first actor found for Guillermo Del Toro‘s Bronte-esque ghost story Crimson Peak was Emma Stone, eliciting a good number of redhead gags. Then Charlie Hunnam came on board, and now, say Variety, there’s also Benedict Cumberbatch.
Cumberbatch seems pretty much on-the-nose for a blustery gothic melodrama like this. I guess it may have been more of a surprise if he didn’t end up involved.
The film’s plot is so far secret but we do know it takes place at the turn of the century*, there’s a haunting, some scenes take place in Cumbria, where there’s a crumbling mansion, and some scenes take place in the US. The first half will be a moody love story and then things will take a turn for the more dreadful.
Production on Crimson Peak is due to start in very early 2014. Could it be ready for Hallowe’en next year?
*Which century? Not clear. I guess 20th.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014