Way back in June 2011, as news and info of the New 52 was just emerging, one of the interesting aspects of it that Bleeding Cool reported was an editorial “pants policy” for female characters, which seemed to require somewhat more practical costumes for many. Wonder Woman was initially given pants and then quickly had them taken away — leading to more posts about Wonder Woman’s pants across the internet than I would care to count (though google tells me there’s 12,500 pages containing that exact phrase. I’d have guessed more.)
But one of the apparent side effects of this pants policy was that Zatanna, so famous for her fishnets, would have a redesign which put them on her arms.
We’ve recently seen that another controversial costume change is about to be reverted, as the solicits for World’s Finest #12 has Power Girl returning to her classic look and the infamous “boob window” in May.
Now it seems that Zatanna is about to return just a little closer to her classic look — with a few new twists. Earlier tonite, Geoff Johns tweeted:
— Geoff Johns (@geoffjohns) April 4, 2013
- I Think We’ve Already Seen A Good Look At Matt Reeves’ Take On Batman - April 30, 2017
- ‘Superman Vs KKK’ Headed To Film - April 29, 2017
- Stephen King’s Firestarter Gets A Remake By Akiva Goldsman And Scott Teems - April 28, 2017
- Infinity Gauntlet Is Not The Title Of ‘Avengers 4’, Says James Gunn - April 25, 2017
- Hawkgirl Day: Celebrating The First Appearance Of One Of The First Female Comic Book Superheroes - April 25, 2017