Way back in June 2011, as news and info of the New 52 was just emerging, one of the interesting aspects of it that Bleeding Cool reported was an editorial “pants policy” for female characters, which seemed to require somewhat more practical costumes for many. Wonder Woman was initially given pants and then quickly had them taken away — leading to more posts about Wonder Woman’s pants across the internet than I would care to count (though google tells me there’s 12,500 pages containing that exact phrase. I’d have guessed more.)
But one of the apparent side effects of this pants policy was that Zatanna, so famous for her fishnets, would have a redesign which put them on her arms.
We’ve recently seen that another controversial costume change is about to be reverted, as the solicits for World’s Finest #12 has Power Girl returning to her classic look and the infamous “boob window” in May.
Now it seems that Zatanna is about to return just a little closer to her classic look — with a few new twists. Earlier tonite, Geoff Johns tweeted:
— Geoff Johns (@geoffjohns) April 4, 2013
- CGC Insider #12 – Ink Transfer and Color Rub - January 4, 2018
- 2017 Collectibles Countdown #2: Funko Hunting - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Toys Countdown #3: The Toys That Made Us Is Already My Favorite Netflix Series - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Collectibles Countdown #5: Kingdom Hearts Funko Box - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Games Countdown #3: Killing Jason in the Friday The 13th Game - December 30, 2017