French comic book creator Fred (the pen name for Frédéric Aristidès) passed away yesterday at the age of 82. Best known for the Philémon series, originally published in Pilote, and collected by Dargaud, Fred was awarded the Angouleme Grand Prix in 1980.
The final volume of Philémon was published in February after a twenty-five year gap, intended to wrap the story up.
- Comic Store in Your Future: Not Convinced Comic Sales Are Going to Improve Anytime Soon - January 21, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 21st January 2018 – A “Great Thaw” Taking Place over Marvel’s Comics - January 21, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters, 21st January 2018 – Kindness Works, Allegedly - January 21, 2018
- It Looks like DC Comics Didn’t Tell Chris Sprouse About Tom Strong Appearing in The Terrifics Either - January 21, 2018
- Deathstroke Vs. Batman – New Series by Priest and Carlo Pagulayan From DC Comics for April - January 21, 2018