From DC Comics’ email newsletter today, something new. That may relate to the recent Warners/Siegel court case.
“By Special Arrangement with the Jerry Siegel Family.“
If I was in a really snarky mood, I might translate that as “we won the court case against them and have now reverted to the agreement from over ten years ago that we didn’t keep and the judge says they can sue us for” but I don’t know the details of what may have happened after the court case between the involved parties.
UPDATE: Here it is. From the court papers of the Siegels vs DC/Warner Bros, an objection to the parts of the 2001 contract that they claim DC and Warners did not abide by.
3. Until the expiration of the U.S. copyright
for Action Comics No. 1, there will be a credit
on “Superman” comics and other publications,
movies and television programs that reads: “By
Special Arrangement with the Jerry Siegel
Family”. The size and placement of credit is to
be in D.C. Comics’ discretion.
32 At no time between October 19, 2001 and October 8,
2004, or thereafter, did DC: pay the $500,000 annual
advances, the $1,000,000 signing bonus, or the
$2,000,000 advance; provide an accounting of
royalties; provide the “By Special Arrangement with
the Jerry Siegel Family”; or provide the Siegels
medical and dental insurance.
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017
- SCOOP: The Return Of The Elementals From Dynamite Entertainment - April 30, 2017