There are those who will only buy American cars, I understand. Even in the face of better cars from overseas, or cheaper ones, or safer ones.
I wonder if we’ll see echoes of the same atttitudes with Transformers 4? Paramount have officially announced that they’ll be co-producing the film with China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises. As a result, some of the film will be shot in China, and some of the cast will be Chinese.
This could yet result in two different versions of the film, as with Iron Man 3 and Looper, both of which had higher quotient of Chinese content when released over there.
Personally, I don’t have any particular issue with an American corporation co-operating with a non-American corporation. I also don’t have any worries about films that come from China – they’ve more than proven their value on that front.
Of course, I’m also not pretending this isn’t, first and foremost, a commercial move. I hope Michael Bay and his collaborators can make something out of the decision in any case, even while it wasn’t an idea prompted by their creative process.
Right then. Next up – a Chinese co-produced GI Joe threequel? Looks pretty much inevitable at this point.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014