Last year, Bleeding Cool ran the simply hilarious gag that DC Comics was running a Kickstarter to fund the publication of a new Stephanie Brown comic.
A year later, DC Comics are using social fundraising for an far more noble cause. Their We Can Be Heroes campaign is using IndieGoGo with the aim of raising $50,000 for groups working in the Horn of Africa against poverty and illness.
And they are giving digital comics, print comics, signed comics, signed prints, signed games, as rewards to donors – as well as information as to how much can be tax-deductible. It’s the only way people can get hold of the We Can Be Heroes Jim Lee variant for Batman/Superman #1 as well. And for $5000, Gary Frank will draw you into Batman Eart One.
The rewards are US-specific, but odds are they won’t be able to tell the difference for people abroad for the digital rewards. You can take your chances.
- An Hour With Adam Savage - July 23, 2017
- The DC Masterclass Panel Welcomes Latecomers, From Dan DiDio To Greg Capullo To Frank Miller - July 22, 2017
- Marvel’s Hasbro Panel At San Diego Comic-Con In 85 Photos - July 22, 2017
- New Thor: Ragnarok Poster Released To Dazzle The Senses - July 22, 2017
- Miracleman Is Coming. Just Not Yet. Wait. - July 22, 2017