Last year, Bleeding Cool ran the simply hilarious gag that DC Comics was running a Kickstarter to fund the publication of a new Stephanie Brown comic.
A year later, DC Comics are using social fundraising for an far more noble cause. Their We Can Be Heroes campaign is using IndieGoGo with the aim of raising $50,000 for groups working in the Horn of Africa against poverty and illness.
And they are giving digital comics, print comics, signed comics, signed prints, signed games, as rewards to donors – as well as information as to how much can be tax-deductible. It’s the only way people can get hold of the We Can Be Heroes Jim Lee variant for Batman/Superman #1 as well. And for $5000, Gary Frank will draw you into Batman Eart One.
The rewards are US-specific, but odds are they won’t be able to tell the difference for people abroad for the digital rewards. You can take your chances.
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018