Last year, Bleeding Cool ran the simply hilarious gag that DC Comics was running a Kickstarter to fund the publication of a new Stephanie Brown comic.
A year later, DC Comics are using social fundraising for an far more noble cause. Their We Can Be Heroes campaign is using IndieGoGo with the aim of raising $50,000 for groups working in the Horn of Africa against poverty and illness.
And they are giving digital comics, print comics, signed comics, signed prints, signed games, as rewards to donors – as well as information as to how much can be tax-deductible. It’s the only way people can get hold of the We Can Be Heroes Jim Lee variant for Batman/Superman #1 as well. And for $5000, Gary Frank will draw you into Batman Eart One.
The rewards are US-specific, but odds are they won’t be able to tell the difference for people abroad for the digital rewards. You can take your chances.
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017