Last year, Bleeding Cool ran the simply hilarious gag that DC Comics was running a Kickstarter to fund the publication of a new Stephanie Brown comic.
A year later, DC Comics are using social fundraising for an far more noble cause. Their We Can Be Heroes campaign is using IndieGoGo with the aim of raising $50,000 for groups working in the Horn of Africa against poverty and illness.
And they are giving digital comics, print comics, signed comics, signed prints, signed games, as rewards to donors – as well as information as to how much can be tax-deductible. It’s the only way people can get hold of the We Can Be Heroes Jim Lee variant for Batman/Superman #1 as well. And for $5000, Gary Frank will draw you into Batman Eart One.
The rewards are US-specific, but odds are they won’t be able to tell the difference for people abroad for the digital rewards. You can take your chances.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017