Channel 4 have announced the cancellation of Misfits. The fifth series has just started production, and when it airs later this year, will bring the show to a close.
Here’s the official blurb, revealing something of what the eight new episodes will contain:
The new series marks the first anniversary of the storm and a support group forms on the estate for those people who find having a super power isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Like… the ability to knit visions of the future, or to shag unwanted powers out of other people (you read that right) or to transform into a turtle. And as Dark Rudy likes to talk-slash-moan, it should come as no surprise that he is the first of our gang to start attending. And it’s here that he sees a very different future facing the team – one which could change things forever.
Strap on those ankle tags, because this is what you’ve been waiting for. Our guys are going to have to up their game if they’re going to tackle some real life A-grade super-powered vigilantes.
There was talk about a US-based spin-off, but no news of late. That one may be over before it even gotten started. The relative failure of the US Skins and Inbetweeners do-overs probably didn’t help.
Misfits creator Howard Overman has a new show starting on BBC this summer. Atlantis is reputed to be in the vein of Merlin and has pre-watershed appeal in the way Misfits never could.
We’ll keep you posted on the progress of Misfits series five, and when it’s all over, I’m sure you’ll be able to find Rich in the bar if you want company when drowning your sorrows.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014