Aaron Haaland of A Comic Shop of Florida writes;
Action Comics was so damn bittersweet. Diggle’s first issue was strong as was Daniel’s art, but knowing all we’ll get is 3 issues certainly puts a damper on my enthusiasm. Editorial interference is Superman’s new Kryptonite! Also, WTF! DC dropped the WTF branding because of some outspoken shop keeps. Hey, a marketing push doesn’t need branding. What the fail. They could have officially made it “What The Fifty-two” or “What The Fold” even to brand the gatefold covers aspect. Detective was a huge load of win, except for a little something about this being the Doctor Man-Bat and Bats first meeting. Maybe I’m reading into that a little, but I don’t see how Talia could steal Langstrom’s formula to create the Man-Bats from Batman & Son and Bruce wouldn’t have traced that back to Langstorm earlier seeing as he’s the world’s greatest detective. However, it was a very enjoyable issue overall.
Jason Aaron’s Thanos Rising is exactly the type of villain book I love, one that makes me empathize with them. It seems like we wouldn’t need a time machine to go back and kill Thanos, maybe just going back giving him some hugs and encouraging his art would keep him from genocide. Nature vs nurture stuff is always interesting to me. Oh, and Deadpool was a hilarious single issue time warp. Deadpool in a bottle!
Harbinger Wars has me from the inside of the cover! If you want to know why I’m so fanboy joy over this check out my Valiant spotlight video. And lastly Vertigo isn’t dead and neither is Jesus, I mean he’s all punk rock now but still. Sean Murphy’s Punk Rock Jesus is something every old school Vertigo or new school Image fan would love!
- Eddie Brock Gets Back In The Venom Suit In April… Ahead Of His Big Anniversary - January 23, 2017
- Tony S Daniel, On Leaving The Justice League For Now - January 23, 2017
- Star Wars Episode VIII Will Be Called…. The Last Jedi - January 23, 2017
- How Will Your Comic Store Celebrate Image Comics Day On February 1st? - January 23, 2017
- Walking Dead Co-Creator Tony Moore To Benefit Planned Parenthood With This Commemorative Trump Print - January 23, 2017