The “alien speak” in the DC New 52 comics, specifically ones tied into the Justice League Darkseid-searching-the-multiverse-for-his-daughter subplot, is created using Comic Craft Gobbledygook’s font.
And Justice League of America’s Vibe #2 was no exception. The first few uses were funny in that they translated to “alien language”, and “alien scream”. But the translation of the scroll meant for the incarcerated Gypsy was intriguing. If you take a mirror-image of it, it translates as:
Whose girlfriend is called Maite?
It also almost looked like the beginning of a proposal, but the subsequent alien text just repeated the above.
Maybe in issue 3?
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017