It appears that the ever-shifting Supergirl creative team have taken the “WTF” label for Supergirl #19 a little too literally. I don’t know who the writer and artist actually is for this issue, as some have shifted around of late, but I understand from rumours spilling out of WonderCon that this issue will involve Supergirl losing her virginity. And the lucky recipient will be Power Girl, Supergirl’s alter ego on Earth 2.
I’m not sure whether purists will consider this to be masturbation rather than sex, and it will no doubt cause heavy debate on the internet message boards, known for their decorum and taste when it comes to such matters.
It is likely, given the nature of the Supergirl book, that anything “hot and heavy” will happen off panel. But I understand that speech balloons have been rather fortuitously placed, and that the artist may be able to sell the original art boards for a pretty sum on eBay.
It is very likely the book will sell out and go to a second, gatefold-less cover. I expect that will show Supergirl and Power Girl in a less combatative pose. And to see a lot more of her in World’s Finest.
UPDATE: And yes, what does this signify for the cover of Supergirl #20?
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017