It appears that the ever-shifting Supergirl creative team have taken the “WTF” label for Supergirl #19 a little too literally. I don’t know who the writer and artist actually is for this issue, as some have shifted around of late, but I understand from rumours spilling out of WonderCon that this issue will involve Supergirl losing her virginity. And the lucky recipient will be Power Girl, Supergirl’s alter ego on Earth 2.
I’m not sure whether purists will consider this to be masturbation rather than sex, and it will no doubt cause heavy debate on the internet message boards, known for their decorum and taste when it comes to such matters.
It is likely, given the nature of the Supergirl book, that anything “hot and heavy” will happen off panel. But I understand that speech balloons have been rather fortuitously placed, and that the artist may be able to sell the original art boards for a pretty sum on eBay.
It is very likely the book will sell out and go to a second, gatefold-less cover. I expect that will show Supergirl and Power Girl in a less combatative pose. And to see a lot more of her in World’s Finest.
UPDATE: And yes, what does this signify for the cover of Supergirl #20?
- Will Marvel’s ‘Royals’ End With Issue #14? - July 28, 2017
- Ryan North’s Passion For Dinosaurs Bleeds Into Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (SPOILERS) - July 28, 2017
- Marvel Comics Misgenders Its Own Superheroes In Marvel Book Previews - July 28, 2017
- Joe Quesada Lenticular Cover For Marvel Legacy #1 Is Now “Order All You Want” - July 28, 2017
- Simon Furman Announced To Write Robotech For Titan Comics - July 28, 2017