It appears that the ever-shifting Supergirl creative team have taken the “WTF” label for Supergirl #19 a little too literally. I don’t know who the writer and artist actually is for this issue, as some have shifted around of late, but I understand from rumours spilling out of WonderCon that this issue will involve Supergirl losing her virginity. And the lucky recipient will be Power Girl, Supergirl’s alter ego on Earth 2.
I’m not sure whether purists will consider this to be masturbation rather than sex, and it will no doubt cause heavy debate on the internet message boards, known for their decorum and taste when it comes to such matters.
It is likely, given the nature of the Supergirl book, that anything “hot and heavy” will happen off panel. But I understand that speech balloons have been rather fortuitously placed, and that the artist may be able to sell the original art boards for a pretty sum on eBay.
It is very likely the book will sell out and go to a second, gatefold-less cover. I expect that will show Supergirl and Power Girl in a less combatative pose. And to see a lot more of her in World’s Finest.
UPDATE: And yes, what does this signify for the cover of Supergirl #20?
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017