Leslie Charteris‘ action-adventure hero Simon Templar was nicknamed the Saint because of his initials, though it’s not even his real name. He’s a former crook turned good guy thief. It was playing The Saint on TV provided Roger Moore with his Bond training. You may have seen the feature film with Val Kilmer, some of which was filmed just a couple of hundred metres from where I’m typing. That sentence almost made me shudder.
In this first trailer for Simon West‘s new TV version of The Saint, Adam Rayner brings the accent, Eliza Dushku brings the typecasting and a couple of familiar faces bring callbacks to Saint series past.
Look out how for each of the two lead stars gets a title card with their name on, followed by a “beauty shot” of them stepping out of the pool.
Now, it’s not that there’s no potential in this, it’s just that I can’t see anything even a little bit witty or imaginative in the whole promo.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014