The global box office for GI Joe – Retaliation has been pretty healthy, clocking in at something like $50 million in the US so far and another $80 million from around the rest of the world.
It’s no surprise, really, that Paramount want a third instalment, and so you might count Variety’s promise of a threequel more of a Durrr than a news piece, but nonetheless, they have “sources” and plans for a third film are “confirmed.”
And as they note at the bottom of their piece:
One thing is for certain, however: GI. Joe 3 will most definitely be in 3D.
Simple economics, of course. There’s still a surcharge for 3D tickets – for no practical or “fair” reason, because the conversion of projectors and screens has long since been paid for and the overage is still there should you bring your own glasses.
I wonder if Paramount will wait for Jon Chu to make his Masters of the Universe film then put him back on Joe duty? Or maybe Masters will get shelved for a speedier Joe threequel? Or maybe we’ll get our third Joe director in three films? I don’t think it’s really going to matter to the first weekend box office in any case.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014