When I spoke to Eli Roth a little about Hemlock Grove last month, he told me that he wanted to give the show a werewolf transformation that will be gristly, meaty and painful.
And here it is. With some emphasis on the meaty.
Okay, there’s that big cut away to a title card at a key moment. What are we missing? I know Hemlock Grove was made on a budget – this is straight-to-streaming stuff, after all – so I hope Roth aren’t just embarrassed by their effects work. Some of that looked brilliantly tactile to me.
All thirteen episodes of Hemlock Grove will pop up on Netflix come April 19th. I dare say I’ll have seen them all by the 22nd at the latest.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014