During the Wondercon panel for Pacific Rim this afternoon, Guillermo Del Toro seized the inevitable question about his “Justice League Dark” project, Heaven Sent, aka Dark Universe, and absolutely smashed it back.
The lead character of the film, he announced, would be John Constantine. And a blond John Constantine at that. A British John Constantine? Apparently he didn’t say.
As this possibly-American Constantine goes along his way, “recruiting” characters to help in his cause, we’ll get to see some origin stories. Of course.
Del Toro says that he has completed a “bible” for the film, and reminded the Wondercon crowd that there’s a screenwriter attached, somebody he hopes to be able to name soon.
My hunch is Neil Cross. Just a hunch.
Now, the coincidence of this announcement falling on Easter Weekend is probably just that… right? I mean, Del Toro’s Catholic background doesn’t play any part in this…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014