It’s your old pal Will Romine again at Wondercon After thousands of miles logged on convention floors from sea-to-shining sea, I’ve picked up my fair share of swag. A limited editon print here, an autograph there, I’ve seen it all. However, in my old age, I’ve gotten philosophical. I realize that life isn’t about the swag you take, but the swag you give, which is why I’m here in a room full of pricks, and one of them is reserved for me.
Robert Heinlein, long considered the “Dean of Science Fiction Writers” was also a large proponent of blood donation. He organized blood donation drives at conventions all around the country and The Robert A. Heinlein Society continues this legacy. Though this is the Heinlein Society’s first drive at Anaheim Wondercon, they have appeared at every San Diego Comic Con since 1977.
Blood drive organizer Rebecca O’Rourke tells me that they expect 90 donations by the end of today. That’s enough to save potentially 270 lives.
If you’re at a convention with a blood drive, I suggest that you pony up a pint of your own personal swag. It might not be limited edition, but it’s more valuable than all the Sideshow Collectables in the world.
I’ll be here all weekend. Tweet me right @notacomplainer
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017