Vin Diesel‘s desire to share and stay in touch with his fans yields another little tidbit, with this update posted to his Facebook page today:
There was an early screening in LA this week of Fast 6. The crowd reaction was surreal… and their demand for the continuation was powerful…
It’s remarkable to think I first embodied this character in 1999… and the evolution continues.
P.s. Filming begins this summer in LA, where it all started… talk about a studio in sync with the audience…
What we don’t know is if this “continuation” will be Fast 7 – though, to be fair, I expect it will be – or maybe the possible spin-off suggested by The “Dwayne Johnson” Rock.
I suppose it’s not impossible that both will shoot this year. Indeed, Universal might be wise to get the next couple of movies in this series turned around pretty quickly. Interest in this series genuinely seems to be at a peak.
Fast and Furious 6 opens in the week of May 24th, at least in most countries of the world. As you’ll see – at least if you don’t make a break for the exits at the first sight of a “hat shot” – chapter six sets up plot lines and characters for the next movie, or movies. It’s not really Marvel movieverse interconnectedness, but it’s getting that way.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014