My advice to you, at least if you live in the UK: stay in on Monday night and polish off the last of the chocolate eggs* with the first episode of Jonathan Creek in three years.
Creek is the opposite of an Easter egg, really. Whereas the egg is hollow but smooth and lovely on the outside, this show can seem pretty dappy at times, but there’s always something going on inside the episodes, behind the preposterousness.
And anyway, I like the dappy preposterousness.
This new, 90-minute story is called The Clue of the Savant’s Thumb and features Alan Davies, Sheridan Smith – who may not be returning for the new series shooting later this year so enjoy her while you can – and, amongst the guest stars, Joanna Lumley.
There are a couple of clips on the BBC website. They don’t appear to give anything away, but Jonathan Creek can be funny that way. And I would embed them here, but they autoplay. Tsk!
*Presuming you have more willpower than me, at least. I don’t know anybody ever has any left the next day.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014