[UPDATE: That version is abbreviated. The full version lives elsewhere.]
Gibson went on to note that he had never written a screenplay before and had only the scripts for Alien and Aliens to use as a model for the format. He also notes that his brief was to most definitely not include Ripley. Obviously, that changed somewhere in the piling up of what he calls:
a stack of scripts *a foot high*
The script on the top of that pile – presuming that Fox actually went with the most recent draft – was credited to Vincent Ward, David Giler, Walter Hill and Larry Ferguson… and, yeah, something something crud floats to the top something. I can’t even muster the enthusiasm for that mess to kick it properly.
Though I’m certainly more interested in the Ward-only approach, the infamous “monks on a wooden planet” story line.
There’s been some discussion of late about where Prometheus 2 is headed, but the situation, as I understand it, is nobody really knows. I think we’re likely in for another foot-high pile of screenplays.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014