We understand that there’s been a lot of changes to the screenplay for Interstellar in the last few months, transforming it from the original idea, kicked about by time-travel theorist Kip S. Thorne and Steven Spielberg into something else, and right now, it’s something incredibly secret. The new draft has been drawn up by director Chris Nolan and his brother, Jonah.
Apparently, the film still hangs on a journey into a wormhole, though, and Nolan Sr. is currently at work, casting the actors he’ll be plunging through it.
According to Deadline, his top pick for the lead is Matthew McConaughey. They don’t seem to know anything about the character 0ther than his name: Cooper. So… I guess we know that his ancestors made barrels. Probably. Other than that? He has an impressive body and a Southern accent.
McConaughey has been in some very interesting pictures of late, and I do mean interesting, literally, rather than good. Everything from The Lincoln Lawyer through to Magic Mike was worth at least a little bit of proper consideration, and even when these films were flat-out Paperboy awful, they were still worlds away from the bland-gruel dribble of his mid-career tanned-abs routine.
Interstellar is already interesting too, by virtue of the mystery surrounding its story line if nothing else. I expect McConaughey will say yes… don’t you?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014