Huh. Your tax dollars at work. I don’t even… huh. Let’s get Alice Eve back in here.
CBS News filed a Freedom of Information request asking for the video after the IRS earlier refused to turn over a copy to the congressional committee that oversees tax issues: House Ways and Means. According to committee Chairman Charles Boustany, Jr. (R-LA), the video was produced in the IRS’s own television studio in New Carrollton, MD. The studio may have cost taxpayers more than $4 million dollars last year alone.
According to a statement from the IRS, the “Star Trek” video (see above) was created to open a 2010 IRS training and leadership conference.
Hitting Scott Johnson with a via on this bizarrely hilarious find.
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Sin City Goes Way Back In Time: Mid-20th Century, And Several Hundred Years Before That - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller On His Possible Upcoming Superman Project, And The Genesis Of The Batman V Superman Dynamic - April 22, 2017
- Wonder Woman’s Iconic Moment: The Pre-History Of The Character As Revealed In The Wonder Woman Film - April 21, 2017
- IDW C2E2: Steve Ditko, Jack Kirby, Walt Simonson, Bernie Wrightson, Star Wars, DuckTales, And Lots Of Other Good Stuff - April 21, 2017