The Muppets… Again will ses the all-star comedy troupe of pint sized, fuzzy folk on the road, taking their show to theatres around Europe. This could give writer-director James Bobin a lot of scope for guest stars in the guise of other acts on the bill, and we may have found out the first.
As spotted by a blog called Muppets Henson, some time Nordic god of tricksiness, Tom Hiddleston has a role in the film. It was listed on his CV, but then it disappeared. It’s in the cache, though, so it was definitely there.
Hiddleston will be playing a character called The Great Escapo. I think we can imagine how that will go – but I hope Piggy doesn’t punch him in the stomach when he’s not expecting it.
Meanwhile, Peter Serafinowicz has Tweeted again about his role in the film, this time adding that he was teamed with Dexter Fletcher, a real favourite of ours at Bleeding Cool:
I’m not a fan of !’s in most cases, but here, I can sympathise. Meeting Kermit the Frog is truly, honestly the most amazing of things…
Anyway, I have to go to bed, I have an early morning, off on a special mission. I have something truly, honestly amazing to do tomorrow… [insert nonchalant stroll and whistle]
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014