Grant Morrison talks the death of Damian to the Huffington Post;
I don’t know if people have noticed, but the sword that kills him belongs to the very first known ancestor of the Waynes, it was used in Batman: Shadow of the Bat, in the 90s, so what we went back to, there’s a suit of armor in the case, and it’s Bruce Wayne’s earliest ancestor’s. That’s who kills the boy, and so there’s a lot of you know, you see him smashed against the Wayne “W” and the foyer of the Wayne tower and so it’s kind of very much about how these things play out over generations and how repetitive patterns play out of destructive patterns and it really never ends.
Anyone care to find the sword in question?
- J.M. DeMatteis On His “Don’t Punch A Nazi” Captain America Comic From 1982 - January 24, 2017
- Jim Starlin Made More From A Small Character In Batman V Superman Than From Thanos, Drax And Gamora In The Marvel Movies - January 24, 2017
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017