The online course that includes Mark Waid, Gail Simone, Brian K Vaughan, Terry Moore, Scott Snyder, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Steve Wacker, and Sana Amanat will begin in April 2 (you can enrol here ) and they have already sent a link that takes you to a section in comiXology where you can get the comic books need for this course. At a discount. Which anyone can get.
Here’s the scheduled syllabus
|Course Schedule Module||Start Date||Comic Book reading assignments||Additional Readings||Live Interviews|
|Week 1: What is gender? Theories and views||April 2||Strangers in Paradise 1-3 (Vol. 1), Strangers in Paradise 1-9 (Vol. 2),and Rachel Rising #1||Article: “Night to His Day”: The Social Construction of Gender by Lorber||Terry Moore|
|Week 2: Gender and Culture: How we learn our gender||April 9||Birthright 1-12 Action Comics #1 Action Comics #267||Article: Doing Gender by West and Zimmerman||Mark Waid|
|Week 3: Who is producing comic book culture?||April 16||Captain Marvel 1-7 Ms. Marvel v.1 #1 Ms. Marvel v.2 #1 |
|Visit the site How Comics are Made||Kelly Sue DeConnick, Steve Wacker, and Sana Amanat|
|Week 4: Femininity||April 23||Secret Six v.2 1-7 Wonder Woman #1 Wonder Woman #7 (nu52) |
Birds of Prey #56
|Article: Spice World by Lemish||Gail Simone|
Strangers In Paradise Vol 1 and 2, Rachel Rising #1, Superman Birthright #1-12, Action Comics #1 and #267, Captain Marvel #1-7, Ms Marvel Vol 1 #1, Vol 2 #1, Daredevil Vol 3 #1, Wonder Woman Vol 1 #1, Vol 3 #7, Secret Six #1-7, Birds Of Prey #56, Batgirl #0, Batman #0, Swamp Thing #0, Y The Last Man #1-6.
Saga #1 isn’t discounted because it’s already free.
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018
- Sitcomics Challenges Diamond with 64-Page $3.99 Comics – and a 20-Page Preview of Start-Up #1 - January 19, 2018
- He Who Knows Floods Soaks at the Touch of Frank Cho’s Man-Thing - January 19, 2018