Stephen King‘s novel Doctor Sleep picks up with Dan Torrance, formerly best known as Danny, the child in The Shining with the shining. This new story takes place when he’s an adult and there’s a whole new bunch of horrendous supernatural things lined up to disturb him.
King has described the book as:
a return to balls-to-the-wall, keep-the-lights-on horror.
I would expect this will be the best-read, most buzzed-about of King’s books in a long, long time – and if he can pull off the above promise, for a long time too.
I’m certainly very curious, even while my fealty to The Shining really lies with Stanley Kubrick and not King.
Doctor Sleep‘s prologue was published as a bonus with the eBook of King and Joe Hill’s novella In the Tall Grass and at the foot of this story there’s a video of King, reading it to you.
That video is one of the findables in the new, interactive cover for the book.
Here’s that. There’s not much you can do with it… yet. I think there’s more to come. At least I hope so.
Doctor Sleep is set for release on September 24th. I think its inevitable that a movie or TV version will follow.
And now, if you’re sitting comfortably, Stephen King will begin…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SObK38bCrs#!
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014