Rebel Wilson does seem like a good match for the decadents and dandies of the Capitol in the Hunger Games series. She plays the sense of overblown self worth well. Seems like the producers think so too, as she has told Buzzfeed:
Um, seriously, I have had a meeting about being in The Hunger Games. Yes… It was one of the people in the capitol. That’s all I’ll say… because there aren’t a lot of roles open, because they’ve all already been cast, but that would be awesome. I’d love to be in The Hunger Games.
Her comments do make it seem like an actual possibility, that this wasn’t for one of the first two films – the first has been out over a year, the second has wrapped – but for either or both of the Mockingjay movies.
In turn, this suggests an advanced state of progress with the Mockingjay films. Are we to assume that Francis Lawrence will just roll into shooting those as post-production once Catching Fire is completed?
I have read Mockingjay, and enjoyed it, but I can’t quite imagine any particular role Wilson might have. I think I’m simply forgetting.
Now, just for the hell of it, here’s Wilson as her hip-hop alter ego, Rebelicious.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014