The very end of Fast & Furious 6 has apparently been devised to tie the series’ past to it’s next, seventh instalment at the same time as teasing an upcoming “uber baddie” figure. It’s an odd-pretzel move for the film series that seems to find virtue in just putting down the pedal and racing ahead in a very straight, predictable line.
And now it seems like there’s another odd detour coming up.
Speaking with Empire, The “Dwayne Johnson” Rock discussed plans to spin his character off into a side project, something to most likely come between Fasts 6 and 7.
Now, I have no idea why the interviewer was even asking about a standalone film, but I assume it was based on something. To that end, I think Empire’s comments outside of the video are possibly more illuminating:
… perhaps it should come as no surprise that his Fast Five character, Luke Hobbs, is set for a spin-off movie – something The Rock and his team are looking to do before Fast & Furious 7 comes along.
In practical terms, this might be a way to keep the Fast world spinning while some of the cast are off doing other things.
It would certainly be interesting to see if the box office would be helped or hindered by taking Paul Walker out of the equation.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014