This week’s issue of Entertainment Weekly has a good deal of Doctor Who business going on. There’s the cover – or covers, because there’s an alternate; there’s a catalogue of all eleven Doctors; a set report with Steven Moffat and Matt Smith interviews; and a feature by Peter Jackson on why he loves the show so much.
I don’t think you need a full feature, you just need this picture.
Still, even though that image alone has left me in no doubt whatsoever as to Jackson’s love for the show, I do look forward to reading what he has to say.
There was some talk last year of how Jackson would be keen to direct an episode of Who. This, of course, comes up again in the EW piece. And this time, Jackson names his price:
They don’t even have to pay me. But I have got my eye on one of those nice new gold-colored Daleks. They must have a spare one (hint, hint).
Is that what it takes? Really? Then next time the BBC are auctioning off their Daleks, and if Jackson still hasn’t directed an episode, I reckon we should Kickstart a bid on a gold one and then hold him to his word.
Right then, Rian Johnson – what’s your price? If you’d settle for one of Tom Baker’s screen used hats, I might know a chap who could sort you out.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014