Kristin Wiig is one of the best-loved comedic actresses of the past few years. Most notably, perhaps, her writing skills shone through in 2011’s wedding escapade Bridesmaids, which even earned her an Oscar nomination.
Will Ferrell may not have any Oscar nominations to his name, but he has certainly proven a massive hit with audiences.
And right now, Wiig and Ferrell are on set filming a sequel to the legendary Anchorman.
Shira Piven, who is Anchorman-director Adam Mckay’s wife, is setting up to direct the indie flick titled Welcome To Me and like her husband, must have seen some potential in this particular comedic pairing. According to The Hollywood Reporter, she’s given them both lead roles. If Wiig and Ferrell don’t somehow cancel one another out, I imagine we’ll be in for a bit of a treat.
Welcome To Me has an original story from screenwriter Eliot Laurence, about a woman with dissociative personality disorder who wins the lottery and invests the windfall into her own chat show where, judging from the title, she can be her own guests.
Kristen Wiig will be starring in a grand total of five films that will be released this year and I think it’s great to see she has no plans to slow down, because I’m sure we all love a bit of Wiig action. With two ‘i’s.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015