Right before the Vibe book was announced for DC, artist Pete Woods was on Facebook asking for pictures of Detroit to use as photo reference because… well, he didn’t want to show the same landmarks that you always see when anyone mentions Detroit.
Detroit resident Andrew Elia sent him over 300 photos. Woods was pretty pleased and said that he was going to give Andrew a mention in some way in an upcoming issue.
In issue 2 this week, Andrew appears on the first page warming himself over a trash can in a Detroit Alley. His surname is written in graffiti at the upper right corner at the top.
Just, you know, thought it would be nice to run a pleasant DC Comics story right about now.
- It’s Going To Take A Very Long Time To Rehabilitate Lobo, From Today’s Justice League Of America - April 26, 2017
- Hydra Youth? Previewing Secret Empire #1, #2, The Crossovers And The Spin-Offs… - April 26, 2017
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017