It’s no longer a legal issue. And apparently Marvel no longer consider it a spoiler.
But in the “post credits” scene of Age Of Ultron #10, the character of Angela will appear. Yes, that Angela.
Created by Neil Gaiman and Todd McFarlane in Spawn, the character was the subject of a number of Image comic series and appearances, as well as a long legal battle regarding ownership alongside Marvelman and Cogliostro,
the character can be used by either Todd or Neil as long as the other gets a cheque. So, I guess, Todd McFarlane can expect a cheque soon…
UPDATE: Nope, apparently, as a result of the deal with Todd, Neil owns Angela, and her fellow angels, 100%.
The legal battle for Angela on Neil’s side was funded by his previous work for Marvel, as Marvels & Miracles LLC. The intention was to secure the rights for the publication of Marvelman/Miracleman from Todd McFarlane – until everyone worked out that he didn’t actually have any. So, you know, this might also be seen as a step towards the return of Marvelman from Marvel Comics, years after it was announced.
After Age Of Ultron, Angela will then become a cast member in the Guardians Of The Galaxy series for issue 5 at least, written by Brian Bendis… and now co-written by Neil Gaiman, representing his return to writing comics and writing for Marvel. Any more issues? No idea. Hell, Angela may even be in the movie, which may explain the legal issues mentioned earlier. But that’s just speculation.
What isn’t speculation is that I understand from other sources that Angela won’t just be appearing in Guardians but will be touring the Marvel Universe in the year to come.
Angela is the “guest” we referred to in a previous article. If you notice, the first letter of each sentence spelled out the word ANGELA. And now I’m not going to do that ever again. UPDATE: Ooh look, the New York Times noticed.
Spawn #9 just sold for $2.43 on eBay. I expect that will change soon.
- Over 200 Comic Stores Running Black Friday 2017 Deals Today - November 24, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future – Be Thankful For My Little Pony - November 23, 2017
- Would You Like Your Monsters Unleashed #8 Mixed With A Little Luke Cage #167? - November 23, 2017
- Vault Comics Launches Return Of The Graveyard Gang By Eliot Rahal And Felipe Cunha In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Zenescope Launches Philadelphia Superhero Series, The Musketeers, In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017