I think Chris O’Dowd is tremendously charismatic. His performance in The Sapphires was pure joy; his appearances in This Is 40, Girls and, to some extent, Bridesmaids, have shown how well he can walk a tricky, dramatic-comedic line; and his turns as Roy in The IT Crowd often provides that show with its substance and feeling, as well as plenty of lunatic, antic stuff.
Yeah, I think he’s great and that’s just a sample of why.
But I was definitely surprised to hear that he has a role in the new Thor film, The Dark World.
We know a lot of the picture was filmed in the UK, some of it is set in the UK, and that O’Dowd tweeted back in November:
So today I’m filming a date scene with Natalie Portman.#UpTheRossies
— chris o’dowd (@BigBoyler) November 26, 2012
You know what I’ve done, just for fun because I didn’t think there was any way that I could be in a superhero movie, so I’ve done a scene in the new Thor movie, just for that. I just do like one scene, which was quite fun.
Just one scene and it’s a date with Jane Foster? Not a great date, then, I assume. Such typecasting.
Though I wouldn’t expect it, movie continuity might mean he’s playing Donald Blake – the character got a namecheck in the first film – and that could be fun. O’Dowd has a good look for Blake.
Which reminds me of this clip from The IT Crowd…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014