I was looking forward to Dreamworks’ The Croods a great deal, but ultimately found it something of a let down. A shame, really, because it has a lot of the right ingredients and there are a few very clever elements.
Still, I won’t let that anticlimactic feeling put me off of rooting for Turbo, though. This film was co-written by Robert Siegel, screenwriter of The Wrestler and writer-director of Big Fan. Hopefully he’ll have been able to elevate proceedings a little…?
Here’s the first full trailer for the film, which reveals Turbo‘s implausible origin story.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9aL1ooEg4Q
Kids are going to be killing a lot of snails in cans of househould chemicals this summer, I fear.
Dreamworks are also working on a straight-to-Netflix sequel series to Turbo which should be available by the end of the year.
And, incidentally, my review of The Croods will be part of this week’s podcast. You can subscribe to the feed with your iTunes or similar to get it delivered at the end of the week.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014