Currently, the Batbooks are running a “Requiem For Robin” theme across all the books, commemorating the death of Bruce Wayne’s son, Damian, the most recent Robin.
So today in Nightwing #18 we see Dick Grayson making a graveside visit, after flashing back to their relationship.
Catwoman has a go too.
All very touchy. Full of feels. Expect plenty of Tumblr scans.
And then we have Red Hood And The Outlaws #18, also with a Requiem logo on the cover. Just… not on the inside. No mention of Damian’s death, it’s all Death of The Family fallout (remember that story? Sure you do). Damian appears in flashback, but there’s no actual mention of him.
It’s really weird to be expecting a Requiem for one Robin and, basically, get it for another one. I mean, sure, you can add all sorts of meaning to scenes like this…
A number of Requiem books have gone to second print, Batman #18 is the latest. When World’s Finest #10 gets its second print, it is having “Requiem” added to it. May I suggest that if Red Hood #18 gets a second print, it should be removed?
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently hosting a Des Taylor exhibition.
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017