Currently, the Batbooks are running a “Requiem For Robin” theme across all the books, commemorating the death of Bruce Wayne’s son, Damian, the most recent Robin.
So today in Nightwing #18 we see Dick Grayson making a graveside visit, after flashing back to their relationship.
Catwoman has a go too.
All very touchy. Full of feels. Expect plenty of Tumblr scans.
And then we have Red Hood And The Outlaws #18, also with a Requiem logo on the cover. Just… not on the inside. No mention of Damian’s death, it’s all Death of The Family fallout (remember that story? Sure you do). Damian appears in flashback, but there’s no actual mention of him.
It’s really weird to be expecting a Requiem for one Robin and, basically, get it for another one. I mean, sure, you can add all sorts of meaning to scenes like this…
A number of Requiem books have gone to second print, Batman #18 is the latest. When World’s Finest #10 gets its second print, it is having “Requiem” added to it. May I suggest that if Red Hood #18 gets a second print, it should be removed?
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently hosting a Des Taylor exhibition.
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017