Currently, the Batbooks are running a “Requiem For Robin” theme across all the books, commemorating the death of Bruce Wayne’s son, Damian, the most recent Robin.
So today in Nightwing #18 we see Dick Grayson making a graveside visit, after flashing back to their relationship.
Catwoman has a go too.
All very touchy. Full of feels. Expect plenty of Tumblr scans.
And then we have Red Hood And The Outlaws #18, also with a Requiem logo on the cover. Just… not on the inside. No mention of Damian’s death, it’s all Death of The Family fallout (remember that story? Sure you do). Damian appears in flashback, but there’s no actual mention of him.
It’s really weird to be expecting a Requiem for one Robin and, basically, get it for another one. I mean, sure, you can add all sorts of meaning to scenes like this…
A number of Requiem books have gone to second print, Batman #18 is the latest. When World’s Finest #10 gets its second print, it is having “Requiem” added to it. May I suggest that if Red Hood #18 gets a second print, it should be removed?
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently hosting a Des Taylor exhibition.
- What I Learned From Meeting With Ross Richie - April 25, 2017
- Exclusive: Teaser Trailer For Revival, The Movie Based On The Comic By Tim Seeley And Mike Norton, From Image - April 25, 2017
- Dark Lives Matter – Finally Something New From DC Comics? - April 25, 2017
- Can Batman And Flash Make The Watchmen Button Less Radioactive In Flash #21? - April 25, 2017
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017