Currently, the Batbooks are running a “Requiem For Robin” theme across all the books, commemorating the death of Bruce Wayne’s son, Damian, the most recent Robin.
So today in Nightwing #18 we see Dick Grayson making a graveside visit, after flashing back to their relationship.
Catwoman has a go too.
All very touchy. Full of feels. Expect plenty of Tumblr scans.
And then we have Red Hood And The Outlaws #18, also with a Requiem logo on the cover. Just… not on the inside. No mention of Damian’s death, it’s all Death of The Family fallout (remember that story? Sure you do). Damian appears in flashback, but there’s no actual mention of him.
It’s really weird to be expecting a Requiem for one Robin and, basically, get it for another one. I mean, sure, you can add all sorts of meaning to scenes like this…
A number of Requiem books have gone to second print, Batman #18 is the latest. When World’s Finest #10 gets its second print, it is having “Requiem” added to it. May I suggest that if Red Hood #18 gets a second print, it should be removed?
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently hosting a Des Taylor exhibition.
- Justice League #37 Makes DC Comics Fans the Enemy (SPOILERS) - January 17, 2018
- You’ll Believe Avengers Can Retcon – Avengers #676 and Champions #16 Spoilers - January 17, 2018
- “The Answers They Seek Lie Only With Her” – Shout Sheet for Agents Of SHIELD’s The Last Day - January 17, 2018
- Batman #39, Action Comics #761 And The Temptations Of Wonder Woman (SPOILERS) - January 17, 2018
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018