We’d seen an American Preseident who looked like President Obama before in the New 52. From Green Lantern #13.
And we see him again today, close up in Justice League Of America #2
… and far away in Vibe #2.
And yes, if you read JLA but not Vibe, you are missing out. The books are intertwined.
But in the Channel 52 footage in all the DCU comics today, we get something new. Actually naming the President. This is something DC Comics have often shied away from, naming real life politicians in their real life jobs. Obama is now in continuity…
And yes, poor Vibe.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently hosting an exhibition by Des Taylor.
- Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion Finally Coming From Gerard Way And Gabriel Bá In 2018 - July 21, 2017
- November Gets A Justice League Day, And Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day - July 21, 2017
- DC SVP Says Doomsday Clock #1 Will Be The Best-Selling Comic Of The Year, Then Run For 12 Issues - July 21, 2017
- Todd McFarlane And ‘Get Out’ Producers To Make Spawn Film - July 21, 2017
- DC Comics SVP Says Retailers Should Have Ordered More Copies Of Metal #1 - July 21, 2017