Nicolas Winding Refn‘s Only God Forgives looks like just the sort of film where the foley artists would have to spend weeks ripping apart chicken carcasses, sometimes with their teeth. It looks brutal.
These three images appeared today at Allocine. They show Kristin Scott Thomas as the head of an organised crime syndicate, Ryan Gosling as her cop-killing, boxing club-owning son, and Vithaya Pansringarm as a retired cop who becomes his nemesis.
Previously, 20 seconds of a trailer for the film played out on French TV. As a result, it ended up on YouTube, and here it is.
Here’s the film’s official plot blurb.
Bangkok. Ten years ago Julian killed a cop and went on the run. Now he manages a Thai boxing club as a front for a drugs operation. Respected in the criminal underworld, deep inside, he feels empty.
When Julian’s brother murders a prostitute the police call on retired cop Chang – the Angel of Vengeance. Chang allows the father to kill his daughter’s murderer, then ‘restores order’ by chopping off the man’s right hand. Julian’s mother Jenna – the head of a powerful criminal organization – arrives in Bangkok to collect her son’s body. She dispatches Julian to find his killers and ‘raise hell’.
Revenge and counter-revenge.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014