Steel Wool Games is the side project of five Pixar artists, all of them still working for the movie studio and just squeezing their interactive endeavours in with the moonlight.
Today, they announced Flyhunter, their first game.
From the press release:
Sleep is for the weak! Are they over achievers? Perhaps. Masochists? Quite possibly. Clinically insane? Highly likely. But they love what they do and wouldn’t have it any other way. Thankfully, nobody has been maimed. Yet.
Steel Wool Games consists of Co-Founders Sequoia Blankenship, Andrew Dayton, Jonathan Hoffman, Joshua Qualtieri and Jason Topolski. Important Disclaimer since we love our day jobs: Pixar Animation is in no way affiliated nor endorses Steel Wool Games.
There’s some concept art on the Steel Wool website, mainly of the lead character, Zak. Judging just from the images, he appears to be a small alien life form, here on Earth and hunting our flies. With a little fly swat.
They’re calling the style “grimsical.”
We don’t know how the game will play, but I think that Steel Wool’s promise to bring movie-quality animation to the characters is worth some attention.
We’ll certainly revisit this when there’s some footage at least.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014