During today’s conference call with investors, MGM Chairman and CEO Gary Barber had just a little to say about Bond 24. Here are the quotes, as per Reuters:
We are very excited about the franchise, we look forward to announcing a director soon… We are currently developing the screenplay and working with our partners. We look forward to developing the script soon and signing a director. We are hoping within the next 3 years it will be released.
So unless Barber has something different in mind when he says “screenplay” and “script” that statement doesn’t square up perfectly. Still, the gist is clear, and it looks like the old two-year pattern from years gone by might not be so easy to stick to these days.
And, in case you were thinking somebody might have leapt right into Sam Mendes‘ still warm seat, it seems that no director has been signed as yet.
Mendes, for what it’s worth, was known to be in charge of Skyfall for a little over two years before release. That was an extended period, though, as it included the MGM capital crunchdown.
I’m still betting on Ang Lee as the next pick. I should get down to Ladbrokes, really.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014