Well, UPS, it seems.
This means Diamond Comics Distributors will be sending Free Comic Book Day boxes to comic stores separately from their usual shipment of weekly comics, via UPS.
Which should make it a lot easier for stores to separate the free from the expensive, ensuring that an employee doesn’t put everything on the shelves at once by mistake, or having to store a series of boxes building up over a number of weeks. The boxes will have big orange stickers that read “Hold for On Sale Free Comic Book Day”.
So, if you bare a shop clerk and you get a Diamond box with such a sticker on it do you
a) Put it in storage until Free Comic Book Day
b) Open it and stackj the conents on the shelf, charghing $3.9 a copy.
c) Scan them in and upload them
d) Put them on eBay.
I think you know the answer.
That’s how it’s wokring in the USA at least, Canadian and UK stores will still get their boxes all together in one shipment on April 10th or 17th.
UPS will also be subsidising freight costs for those who get their normal comics shipments without using UPS.
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018