On Sunday, March 17th, Darwyn Cooke arrived two hours late to Megacon with many fans awaiting him and left a simple note on the table: “SORRY! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR”.
Didn’t see Darwyn Cooke any of the times I passed his table. :/ #MegaCon
— Sandy Parker (@sparker417) March 17, 2013
This should clear things up. On the previous evening, Darwyn Cooke’s wife Marsha was a victim of a purse snatching incident in front of the Rosen Centre Hotel.
Attacked by two men, the purse snatcher got away in a vehicle, the other was restrained temporarily but he also escaped.
Marsha tells me;
“I chased one of then down and caught him (barefoot, my shoes flew off)… they just rushed me when I was passing by and grabbed the purse. The witnesses were passers by who heard me screaming “help help, stop thief”. They took a photo of him, but I didn’t think to get a copy from them. Maybe they will see this and post the pic? The hotel, police and the convention staff were amazing and helpful. We are all fine and apologies to anyone we missed at the show. We will be back next year.
The moral of the story is don’t walk alone at night. It could have happened to anyone, anywhere.
Was it you with the camera? Do you know who it may be?
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017