On Sunday, March 17th, Darwyn Cooke arrived two hours late to Megacon with many fans awaiting him and left a simple note on the table: “SORRY! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR”.
Didn’t see Darwyn Cooke any of the times I passed his table. :/ #MegaCon
— Sandy Parker (@sparker417) March 17, 2013
This should clear things up. On the previous evening, Darwyn Cooke’s wife Marsha was a victim of a purse snatching incident in front of the Rosen Centre Hotel.
Attacked by two men, the purse snatcher got away in a vehicle, the other was restrained temporarily but he also escaped.
Marsha tells me;
“I chased one of then down and caught him (barefoot, my shoes flew off)… they just rushed me when I was passing by and grabbed the purse. The witnesses were passers by who heard me screaming “help help, stop thief”. They took a photo of him, but I didn’t think to get a copy from them. Maybe they will see this and post the pic? The hotel, police and the convention staff were amazing and helpful. We are all fine and apologies to anyone we missed at the show. We will be back next year.
The moral of the story is don’t walk alone at night. It could have happened to anyone, anywhere.
Was it you with the camera? Do you know who it may be?
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: Not Convinced Comic Sales Are Going to Improve Anytime Soon - January 21, 2018