Elsewhere, meanwhile, the film did pretty well and, according to Deadline, the global tally stands at over $200 million. That’s a hit.
As a result, Paramount are at work trying to get a sequel off the ground.
We don’t know yet if Tommy Wirkola will write and direct again, but I’d expect it’s likely. At the same time, I’d bet on Gemma Arterton and Jeremy Renner having sequel clauses in their original contracts. Poor sods.
I reviewed the first film on the Bleeding Cool podcast a few weeks back. I promise you now, it never entered my mind then, or at any moment since, that there would be a sequel coming down the pike.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014