I had no idea that Bertrand Tavernier was shooting a new feature, much less that it was an adaptation of the comic book Quai d’Orsay.
Rich tells me that Christophe Blain and Abel Lanzac‘s comic won big at Angoulême. This video tells me that it’s a black comedy about the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I’m thinking The Thick Of It gone Francaise, but I don’t know, really…
…though I’m now very keen to find out.
IMDB say that the film has been written by Blain and Lanzac, and list Niels Arestrup and Anaïs Demoustier as key players alongside the star, Thierry Lhermitte.
Tavernier’s last film, The Princess of Montpensier, comes fully recommended. I was pleased to hear that Joe Dante liked it so much he wrote Tavernier a letter to tell him so. Certainly puts my few tweets about the film in the shade.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014