Some 30 years after Blade Runner‘s first release, at least in the earliest of its many official versions, a Reddit user has dug out some “tough love” producers’ notes. Well, unless this is a clever hoax. Which it might be.
Some of these points seem more than fair, others seem to be missing the point a little. Still, I don’t think anybody was trying to make a bad film and I’m sure these points came from a sincere place. Yep – they sincerely found the film deathly dull, sincerely wondered if Harrison Ford was on drugs when recording his voiceover and sincerely wanted to see more of Joanna Cassidy’s breasts.
I think I would have had a few choice words to say about the theatrical cut of Blade Runner back in 1981 too. Still, it’s too late to matter now and 2007’s Final Cut finally gave us something not just special – it was always special – but also coherent.
Thanks to John August for the heads up.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014