And lo, word came on down from the mountain, or at the very least from Deadline, that Fox were looking to make a movie called Exodus and it would be based upon the book of Exodus and they would have Ridley Scott direct it and Christian Bale would star in it and he would be playing Moses.
Okay, so there’s no deal yet but if this all comes together, and it may do so soon, it means that Darren Aranofsky‘s Noah won’t be the only super-budgeted, stylish biblical epic headed our way. It will probably still be the only one with giants stomping around and biblical figures getting up to some dirty brawling, though.
Bale was actually a contender for Aronofsky’s Noah before turning down the role – which ultimately went to Scott’s regular collaborator, Russell Crowe. It’s a small old testament after all.
And a small pool of ideas in Hollywood. Steven Spielberg was toying with his own Moses picture, Gods and Kings, but he’s stepped down just this week. Ang Lee is said to be considering the option of taking over, but again, no deal is done.
And so it goes. More on Moses, whichever Moses, as we hear it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014