Originally published in 2004 as Clichés: Beyrouth 1990 in France, publisher Humanoids is now translating this piece of war comics journalism into English as Beirut 1990 — Snapshots Of A Civil War.
The graphic novel is based on the accounts of then-relief workers Sylvain Ricard and Bruno Ricard, is set in 1990 in Lebano. Photos taken by the pair at the time have been used by artist Christophe Gaultier to recrrate the scenes.During 1990, Lebanon had been in full blown civil war for fifteen yeard, and the graphic novelk covers the population growing to accept it as just a way of life. However, 1990 was to be the last year of the conflict…Here’s a preview from the French edition. The English version will be published in June.
- It’s Going To Take A Very Long Time To Rehabilitate Lobo, From Today’s Justice League Of America - April 26, 2017
- Hydra Youth? Previewing Secret Empire #1, #2, The Crossovers And The Spin-Offs… - April 26, 2017
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017