Originally published in 2004 as Clichés: Beyrouth 1990 in France, publisher Humanoids is now translating this piece of war comics journalism into English as Beirut 1990 — Snapshots Of A Civil War.
The graphic novel is based on the accounts of then-relief workers Sylvain Ricard and Bruno Ricard, is set in 1990 in Lebano. Photos taken by the pair at the time have been used by artist Christophe Gaultier to recrrate the scenes.During 1990, Lebanon had been in full blown civil war for fifteen yeard, and the graphic novelk covers the population growing to accept it as just a way of life. However, 1990 was to be the last year of the conflict…Here’s a preview from the French edition. The English version will be published in June.
- Kraven The Hunter Returns in March’s Amazing Spider-Man - December 14, 2018
- Now DC Comics Makes Border Town Back Issues Returnable - December 14, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 14th December 2019 – An Annual Surprise - December 14, 2018
- Cambridge Analytica, the Sequel, in Drone Range of Parliament - December 14, 2018
- The Comic Shop Opens in Crawley, England, in Three Days Time - December 14, 2018