While I expect she might be called on for a little additional shooting at some point, Shailene Woodley is said to have wrapped her role as Mary Jane Watson in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
MTV are even reporting that Woodley has lost the red hair already as she heads off to shoot Neil Burger’s Divergent.
We’ve seen Woodley shooting scenes at Mary Jane’s workplace, and another in which she came face to face with Emma Stone‘s Gwen Stacy. MJ really does seem to have been a small role, though.
Will her part be expanded for a third film? And does this mean Gwen is for the chop?
Well, that’s how I’m reading it. Certainly seems pretty likely to me. I can already imagine the mournful ending, the comments on making this “the Empire Strikes Back of Spider-Man movies.”
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014