Frank Marshall has tweeted the big Jurassic Park 4 news, naming the director as Colin Trevorrow.
This will be Trevorrow’s second film after Safety Not Guaranteed, and pushes his various other projects down the pipeline – all of them sci-fi, by the look of things, including a do-over for Flight of the Navigator.
Thrilled to have director on JP4, Colin Trevorrow, an exciting young filmmaker who understands and respects the world that is Jurassic Park.
— Frank Marshall (@LeDoctor) March 14, 2013
It’s a fascinating choice. I wonder how last-minute it was, though – or if there was some reason that Trevorrow’s appointment was being kept secret.
The film is going to be shot in 3D and should hit screens next June. Fingers crossed.
I spoke to Trevorrow last year and you can read our discussion about his other projects. If you haven’t seen his maybe-maybe-not time travel comedy Safety Not Guaranteed, it’s a charmer and I do recommend it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014