So what is happening at DC Comics in September this year? In 2011 they launched the New 52, giving every comic a new #1. In 2012 they gave every comic a #0 issue. So what’s planned for September 2013?
Well one proposal at the company, and I stress this is only one version, is for all the books to be renamed for one issue only. That the new name be that of the book’s villain, for one issue only. A new issue #1 for everyone. So that Batman, say, would become Riddler #1. Then in October the books revert to their original title and their original numbering #25… or whatever. Those that survive…
Remember, this is one proposal. And while it seems to have taken root at some point, DC Comics have had the habit of changing their minds on a sixpence. How many versions of Trinity War have they gone through now?
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017