So what is happening at DC Comics in September this year? In 2011 they launched the New 52, giving every comic a new #1. In 2012 they gave every comic a #0 issue. So what’s planned for September 2013?
Well one proposal at the company, and I stress this is only one version, is for all the books to be renamed for one issue only. That the new name be that of the book’s villain, for one issue only. A new issue #1 for everyone. So that Batman, say, would become Riddler #1. Then in October the books revert to their original title and their original numbering #25… or whatever. Those that survive…
Remember, this is one proposal. And while it seems to have taken root at some point, DC Comics have had the habit of changing their minds on a sixpence. How many versions of Trinity War have they gone through now?
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017