Not Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny X-Force or Uncanny Skullkickers, just… Uncanny.
Drawn by Aaron Campbell, Uncanny will follow Garth Ennis’ Red Team in Dynamite’s crime line, and will have covers by Jock, Sean Phillips and Dan Panosian.
So yes it’s a crime comic, but with paranormal bits too. From the writer of Action Comics. Here’s their promo bits;
Uncanny introduces Weaver, a man born with an uncanny ability that allows him to steal other people’s skills – their memories, abilities, and expertise – for a limited time. A man with a power like that could change the world; but as a professional gambler, con-man, and thief-for-hire, Weaver prefers to look out for Number One. That is, until he finds himself drawn into a dangerous game of international intrigue where the rules keep changing, the players are hidden… and the first thing he stands to lose is his life. And maybe, just maybe, he isn’t so unique after all…
Uncanny #1 will be out in June… unless Marvel lawyers can trademark it in time.
UPDATE: Seems even Diggle isn’t sold on the title.
@jimzub Yeah, sorry about that, man. I didn’t choose the title, honest!
— Andy Diggle (@andydiggle) March 14, 2013
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017