From one point of view this seems like we’re standing on the top of a slippery slope. From another, it’s going to get us a Veronica Mars movie so, hey. I’ll slip a little.
Kristen Bell and Rob Thomas have rolled out an official Kickstarter campaign to get Veronica Mars into production as a movie. According to EW, Warner Digital have agreed to green light the film if $2 million in donations roll in over the next 30 days.
It’s going to happen. Easily.
Here’s the pitch video from Kickstarter.
In essence, this is a merchandise presale. To see the movie, the fans have to buy the t-shirts…. scripts, walk on roles and other things.
I wonder what actual budget this $2 million campaign is supposed to support? What would a bang-on target campaign translate into for the filmmakers?
You know, when this goes over target, and it will go over target, Thomas and co. will have to choose how to spend the overage. The right choice, I think, is to make more than one film, isn’t it?
Anyhow, I’m off to check my credit card balance.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014