Kim Thompson posted on unavailable comics for translation into English, specifically the work of Moebius.
If you control the rights to arguably the single greatest European cartoonist of the last half century and there’s been a decade-and-a-half gap in his being published in the biggest market in the world, you’re almost certainly doing something and you’re doing it for a reason. Unless there was some catastrophic legal Gordian knot that has left the English language rights in intractable legal limbo. (There’s one book, not by Moebius, I tried to get that’s been locked in limbo for at least a decade. Another one, BARBARELLA, seems to be so as well; it’s crazy that there’s been no new French-language edition of one of the seminal French comics works for, again, a decade and a half.)
Jean-Marc Lofficier wanted to reply to that last point;
BARBARELLA is not in limbo. I work closely with the Estate of its creator (his son, Julien Forest), including on the forthcoming TV series. We have one very attractive offer from an English-language publisher we are seriously considering at the moment.
The #1 problem right now is purely technical: to arrange the transfer to digital & recoloring of the original editions under the best artistic conditions.
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017